There are a lot of reasons why people like to change their YouTube channel name. If you are using a YouTube channel which is quite old, and you feel that doesn’t go with your niche, then better change the name.
Are you ready to change the name of your YouTube channel and also its description as well? If yes, follow this step by step guide on YouTube channel name and description change.
How to change YouTube Name? – Step By Step
- Firstly, sign in to your YouTube account. To Sign in, click on the ‘sign in’ option available on the top right corner of the Youtube page.
- Now, enter your email address and password associated with your existing YouTube account and login.
- After you log in to your YouTube account, click on the top right corner (on your profile image). A drop-down menu appears.
- Now, select the option ‘settings’.
- You will be redirected to a new URL where you can find the current name of your existing YouTube channel. Click on the option ‘edit on Google’. This option appears beside the name of your YouTube channel.
- Now, choose the new name which you would like to use for your YouTube account, and replace the current name accordingly. After renaming the YouTube channel, click on ‘OK’ and save it.
Congrats! Now you have a new YouTube name for your channel. This new channel name gets updated instantly on your account, and it is visible on your Youtube Channel, Videos, and any comments you make on other YouTube videos.
Note: YouTube allows you to change your YouTube channel name only thrice in every 90 days. So, make sure to choose the new name for your YouTube channel wisely. As a bonus tip, try to name your channel as per SEO guidelines, to attract more visitors to your channel organically.
How to change YouTube Channel Description?
Just like you change the name of the YouTube channel, you can also change the description of your YouTube channel as well. Follow this step-by-step guide given below, to change the description of your YouTube channel.
- Sign in to your existing YouTube account, with the login id and password.
- Now, click on your profile picture, and a drop-down menu appears. Click on the name of your YouTube channel.
- You will be redirected to another URL, and there you can find the option ‘customize channel’.
- Now, click on the ‘About’ tab and click on the ‘edit’ option under the ‘description’.
- Enter the new description which you would like to give to your Youtube channel and after that, click on ‘done’.
This is how you can change the description of your YouTube channel as well. Hope, this article has provided clear insights on how you can change the name of your existing YouTube channel, and also how you can change the description of the YouTube channel as well. If you face any issue regarding the same, ask them in the comment section below.