Google places, aka Google maps, is now an integral part of Google My Business. Google My Business tracks your business presence across Google network like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Maps, and Google+. Google displays your business information in the local search results; the only thing you need to do is to register your business location in Google Maps and verify the address.
If you are planning to add your business to the google my business listing, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, go to Google search engine and check for “Google My Business” (without quotes).
- Now, click on the option ‘Get on Google’
- Now, enter your firm’s name and address in the search box of Google My Business.
- If your business information is appearing for the suggested matches, click on it and claim it. If not, add your business information manually, in the Google My Business.
- Try to answer the questions of Google My Business, as correct as possible. This helps Google My Business listing to identify your business and display to the users correctly.
- Now, at the bottom of Google My Business form, you will be asked to choose the category that right fits your business. This is a very important step, as it helps Google to classify your business and display accordingly. Google has a set of default categories, from which you can select the right fit for your business. Later, you can add up to 5 categories that your business fits in. If you are not sure of which category your business fits in, then try to type specific keywords related to your company and see which categories pop up.
Verify Your Business
Google My Business wants to verify where exactly is your business located. Usually, Google takes 1-2 weeks to confirm your business location. Google sends a verification PIN to your business location, which you need to enter and verify in Google My Business. Sometimes, Google My Business will give an option to send the PIN through automated voice call or a text message.
Once you enter the verification PIN sent by Google, your location on Google My Business page is verified. Note: Sometimes, it takes more than 30 days for Google to send the PIN to verify your address. This is the exact process of how you can add and verify your business location on Google.